Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Collide-Death

Main Thing
You can only follow God is you have DIED!!! (dead to sin but alive in Christ)
The world always seems to win right not, but in a collision the bigger thing usu. wins. God is bigger and in the big picture He wins.

Something new we learned
It's not about being GOOD, it's about being GODLY!!!
We should put our faith in God and not in the world around us.

What is one thing that we need to work on, based on tonight's lesson.
How to handle problems in school.
Filthy language.

What we learned about God.
God is our life. God should be our number one priority.  God deserves it.

Challenge!!!
Put at least 1 thing to death this week. (Col. 3: 5-9)
Put God first, put the world away. Pray daily, read the word.

Questions
Why must we die in order to be with Jesus?
What things need to die in our life (sin)?
What things to we need to put on?
How do we live for Jesus on a daily basis?
What are some ways you live for Jesus?
(stop reading the blog and comment telling us specific ways you live for Jesus)
IF you are following Jesus, WHAT are you seeking?
-Colton and Greg

16 comments:

  1. Good job, guys! I intend to "put away" slander this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I want to "put away" covetousness (being jealous or wanting other peoples lives or situations or stuff) and "put on" kindness and forgiveness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am putting away my attitude Jacob bostick

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Victoria Maund on the outline i really like how it says "You have to set your mind on Jesus instead of focusing on the world aroud you." I feel like im putting my after school activites before Christ, and i need to get back into the Word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also,How you explained you can still be seeking if your with Christ.And, how sometimes you need to let go of the outside World.-Victoria Maund

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to put away my:disobidience,greed and, slander. Or at least try my hardeset.-Victoria Maund

    ReplyDelete
  7. We live for Jesus on a daily basis by, Praying, sharing testomony,asking for forgivness,and showing kindness for others even if they don't have the same religion.-Victoria Maund

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some ways i personally live for Jesus are putting up personal yime to pray on my own. Also, talk to my friends about what is going on at my Church. I try to be kind to everyone but i am still human and i still slip up time to time.-Victoria Maund

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the thought of the bigger thing winning in colisions but, sometimes like in a sport ther can be a huge muceley guy and a small but fast boy. The fast boy can run and score even if he is really small. -Victoria Maund

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Is Jesus your life?" When i started thinking about that it made me relize I don't really read the bible as much as i used to because school,sports,and other stuff so every night now before i go to bed i read the bible for 10 to 30 minutes and it helps me relax.-Victoria Maund

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some things that need to die in my life are:greed, selfishness,rudeness,and slander. And if i take a really good look at my life a lot of other things.-Victoria Maund

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's important to set your mind to god because if you don't have God you don't have hope and without hope what is your purpose in life.You don't have a goal to fufill or a purose to succsedd at!!!!!- Victoria Maund

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some things we need to "put on" are forgiveness, kindness and try to live a life so god would be proud to say those are my children.-Victoria Maund

    ReplyDelete
  14. O yeah and good job boys on the blog it's great
    !!!-Victoria Maund

    ReplyDelete
  15. "God is our life" that should be our motto god "is our number one priority" should be our guide lines.-Victoria Maund

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is Hailey, i will try to put away slander and get a positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete