Sunday, August 26, 2012

I am not the same

This morning we sang "I am not the same" in our worship service. What a great message! Lately the Lord has been really showing how I really am not the same. Through conversations with you guys, I have just been taking trips down memory lane of my life in middle school and high school.

Man, I am NOT the same anymore.

I struggled so much with finding my identity in what guys thought of me and in being "popular". I found my worth in having a boyfriend and wanted so desperately to be his everything.

The Lord has truly changed my heart. It's hard to see sometimes, but He really was working all along. I blush now when I think of the pit of sin I played in during middle school. But the Lord change my heart because that's what He is in the business of doing.

Chances are, He has changed you too. You just need to take a moment and look back. What were you like a year ago, or maybe three years ago? Are you different now? In the girls small group we recently talked about how we need to tell each other when we see how the Lord has changed them. It's hard to see it in your own life. So encourage each other!!

Be encouraged youth, the Lord is doing a great work in you- and He is not finished!!!

(song lyrics for I am not the same by Aaron Keyes)

No comments:

Post a Comment