Friday, February 24, 2012

What the Bible is- and isn't

I came across a great article on how we need to teach our children (and youth and adults) that the bible is not about them. Here is a quote from the author that sums it up pretty well:

And that's why I wrote The Jesus Storybook Bible. So children could know what I didn't:
That the Bible isn't mainly about me, and what I should be doing. It's about God and what he has done.

That the Bible is most of all a story---the story of how God loves his children and comes to rescue them.

That---in spite of everything, no matter what, whatever it cost him---God won't ever stop loving his children . . . with a wonderful, Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love.

That the Bible, in short, is a Story---not a Rule Book---and there is only one Hero in the Story.


PRAISE OUR LORD that it is not about me or you. That we do not have to earn it! Woo Hoo! 



Hope you are having a wonderful day guys! Love you! 

Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment